Lots of cutting involved in creating a MAME cabinet.  This last weekend I managed to cut out the two side panels using my brand-new spinsaw from Canadian Tire.  It’s a sweet tool - a bunch of different rotary tools in one.  Like a Dremel, but more heavy-duty.

I went to a number of stores looking for the T-moulding that I’ll need on the cabinet edges.  None of the places here in Calgary stocked it, so I decided to order from  They also carried the 1/16” slot-cutting bit that you need to route the edges with.  I don’t know how long it’ll take to arrive.  At least there’s some assembling to do before it all gets here (the base of the cabinet can go together before anything gets routed).

Read full post