I’ve been doing bits of work here and there on the cabinet. Here’s my revised phase one to-do list with completed items crossed out (they may not appear crossed-out in my RSS feed). Stuff that I decided not to do, or decided to modify or added since the last list is in red:
Stage One: Construction
- Round cabinet corner sides (won’t be doing this).
- Attach 2x4’s to sides of cabinet for all edges, monitor and speaker/marquee shelves.
- Construct strong monitor shelf from already-cut wood and 2x4’s.
- Attach cabinet sides to base, using 2x4s to connect sides together.
- Install cabinet front using Blum hinges and key lock. (decided not to put hinges on the front, just screwed it in)
- Install cabinet back with Blum hinges and key lock.
- Cut 45-degree angles on cabinet back diagonal piece.
- Install cabinet top and back diagonal piece.
- Cut T-moulding groove with router and slot-cutting bit.
- Install T-moulding.
- Cut 45-degree angle for control panel back.
- Cut groove and install T-moulding on control panel.
- Assemble control panel, using blum hinges and draw hasp for top.
- Install drawer slides in cabinet and control panel, attach control panel to cabinet.
I’ve done some of the T-moulding grooves and installation, but I’ll leave it as unfinished until I get around to putting it in entirely.Read full post